Sunday 10 November 2013

Oxfordshire's Best Sunday Roast

Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Sunday Lunch
The benchmark was set high at The Feathered Nest Country Inn

So, it's started. The nights have drawn in, the heating's on, and I'm craving warm, hearty, comfort food. Big stews, warm soup, but more importantly - roast dinners. I can picture it now, people across the land popping yorkies in the oven and crossing their fingers, hoping they rise. 

Growing up, the good old Sunday roast was a weekly occurrence in our house, not these days though. I do cook the odd roast dinner, but we love going out as a family at the weekend to grab a spot of food... it's an added bonus that someone else does the washing up! 

So, this winter, I've set myself the challenge of tracking down 'Oxfordshire's Best Sunday Roast'. I'm looking for that perfect piece of meat, the grandest Yorkshire pub, glistening gravy and ravishing roasties. 

BUT...I need YOUR help! 

The benchmark was set incredibly high, prior to the blog, in September 2012, when I sampled the incredible roast beef at The Feathered Nest Inn (check out the header pic!). I'll have to revisit for a full review, but have yet to find a rival, despite sampling several other local roasts. I've received a few recommendations, but I need MORE. If you have a great local pub or restaurant serving up stunning roast dinners, or if you've recently visited somewhere that does, then please comment below (leaving your name), or email me at foodieontour@yahoo.co.uk with the details. Pictures would be great too - from the biggest yorkie to the most blushing beef - I'd love to see them. 

You can follow the search on here, or via Twitter with #OxSundayBest. Tweet me your recommendations or pics @FoodieOnTour.

Let the search begin!

Foodie x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...